shrimps, washed and drained
1. To prepare the shrimps, detach the heads and peel (keeping the tails intact). Devein shrimps then place in a clean bowl. Chill until needed. Refrigrate the sliced squid.
2. Meanwhile, place the heads and shell in a pot. Add the water and bring to a boil. If preferred, you may also use some chicken stock. Strain the broth and pour the liquid back into the same pot. Place over high heat. Add the galangal, lemongrass, garlic and shallots and boil for 3 minutes
3. Add the kaffir lime leaves, mushrooms, tomato, lime juice, palm or brown sugar, chilies and the Franklin Baker Creamed Coconut. Stir well.
4. Add the shrimps, squid and fish sauce. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Cook just until the shrimps turn pink. Do not overcook
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with fresh coriander leaves. Serve immediately.